GM 6L80-90E Transmission
JASPER remanufactured GM 6L80E transmissions are built to meet or exceed OEM measured standards and have a 3 year/100,000 mile nationwide, transferable parts and labor warranty. Click here for complete warranty information. Remember, this is a completely remanufactured automatic transmission assembled to exacting tolerances and live-run dynamometer tested for reliability.
The 6L80E transmission is widely used in such popular GM applications as the Silverado and Sierra trucks, Tahoe, Suburban, Denali, Hummer H2, Cadillac Escalade, XLR, STS and CTS, Camaro, Corvette and G8 .
The 6L80E transmission is prone to issues that include: 2-3 harsh or delayed shifts, harsh or delayed shifts from park or reverse, burnt 1-2-3-4, or 3-5 reverse clutch, check engine light (DTC P0751 Code), converter shudder due to flaking of the converter lining, shudder on low/reverse apply, TEHCM and/or CAN software malfunction.
JASPER remanufacturing advantages include:
- Early-style stator support shaft is modified for 100% installation of updated 1-2-3-4 and 3-5/reverse seal rings to prevent seal leakage, harsh/delayed shifts and burnt clutches.
- Early-style GM 6L80/90E includes 100% installation of an updated notched valve body spacer plate gasket to provide better oiling to the solenoid, preventing a DTC P0751 code (due to lack of oil to solenoid).
- 100% NEW spun-woven carbon converter lining is installed to ensure better apply feel and to eliminate shudder due to flaking/separation.
- Updated-design X-pattern low/reverse lined clutch plates are installed to eliminate shudder on apply.
- TEHCM (transmission electronic hydraulic control module) is 100% tested using air and electronics to verify proper operation of the internal mode switch, transmission fluid pressure switches, temperature sensor, speed sensors and solenoids.
- 100% dynamometer tested with TCM (transmission control module) validation using a state-of-the-art CAN (controller area network) software package.
- JASPER offers their installers free rental of a J2534 pass-through device, with transmission purchase, to assist in the reprogramming of the TEHCM and ECM (engine control module) to ensure the latest OEM calibration is installed in the vehicle.
- J2534 reprogramming will require a subscription fee charged by General Motors.
Please visit our Video Library to learn more about some of the quality processes we perform to this transmission family.
Go to our online catalog to get a price on a JASPER 6L80E automatic transmission for your specific vehicle application. Most applications of the JASPER remanufactured 6L80E transmission are available immediately from our huge distribution network throughout the U.S. This means you can be up and running again quickly and reliably. So, as soon as you get a price from our online catalog, just click on the “Find an Installer” icon to find the installer closest to you.
Full warranty disclosure available on our website or upon request. Specifications subject to change without notice.